Friday, October 29, 2010

Movember! In His Own Words

Many years ago I grew a very distinguished-looking beard (or a very pretentious-looking beard, depending on your point of view). It kept me warm for a good part of my adult life, but time moves on. And with time the Johnson hair-line recedes. So I shaved the beard off to maintain follicular equilibrium.

This Movember, the month formerly known as November, I've decided to join my colleagues and bring the facial hair back in the form of a moustache (follicular equilibrium, remember) in order to raise awareness for prostate cancer. My donation and commitment is the growth of a moustache for the entire month of Movember (suggestions as to 'stache style welcome).

Close to 4,400 men die of prostate cancer in Canada each year and one in six men will be diagnosed during his lifetime. It's time we did something about this and I'm asking for your support.

To help, you can either:

- Click this link http://ca.movember.com/mospace/701166/ and donate online using your credit card or PayPal account
- Write a cheque payable to 'Prostate Cancer Canada', referencing my name or Registration Number 701166 and mailing it to: Prostate Cancer Canada, Suite 306 145 Front Street East, Toronto, ON M5A 1E3, Canada.

All donations are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.

For more details on how the funds raised from previous campaigns have been used and the impact Movember is having please visit: http://ca.movemberfoundation.com/research-and-programs.

Thank you in advance for helping me to support men's health.

Mark

No comments: