Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Boy, we sure do love Halloween in this house! Well, okay, the boys really love Halloween. I can do without the sugar-fuelled craziness, but their excitement is contagious and today was fun. Before going to a party at Amber's house with all of our friends and their wee ones, we carved the pumpkins and I made some pumpkins. Cupcakes that is. I think the pumpkin carving at our kitchen table was really just a way to distract the boys from all the sugar and icing I was playing with at the counter. I had to say "DON'T TOUCH!" too many times to count. I felt a bit mean too, because the boys asked if they could help me decorate the cupcakes and I just wouldn't let them. I wanted my creations to be perfect and my pride got in the way. I'm rolling my eyes at myself as I type. In retrospect, I should have let them decorate one each. Maybe next year.

Anyway, I can tell that I myself am now experiencing sugar-fuelled craziness and can't even type a proper paragraph tonight, so I will let the slideshow below do the talking for me! My favorite photo is probably the last one, which shows you the proper way to finish off your Halloween night! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Auntie Karen said...

Wow, thanks for the plethora of pictures! Tell the boys and Elly that I love their costumes! Those cupcakes are works of art Pasc, I'm very impressed!
xox

Ewan said...

they make Green Licorice?? where have I been!! Nice Cup Cakes