Thursday, September 02, 2010

Six Months Old


Oh sweet girl, how are you six months old already?

Elly-belle, I love you so much. I love the way you wrap your hands around my neck when I pick you up, how a smile from you can get rid of your brothers' grumpiest troll faces, how you reach out to touch those same faces and giggle when they pretend to eat your fingers.

I love your kicky long legs and all the crazy things you do with them, the way you fall asleep holding your toesies, the way you smell after bath (when I finally get around to giving you one).

I love your sticky-uppy hair, your ski-jump nose, your round belly when you stretch in the morning on the change table.

I love your I'm-fighting-sleep noises, your I'm-talking-to-my-feet sounds, your this-mush-is-delicious-mummy mmmms, and your shrieking laugh when I gobble you up.

I love the thought of you chasing after Owen and Will, how they'll protect you, how you'll bug them when they have friends over, and how I'm going to dress the three of you up in the cutest Christmas pyjamas I can find for our holiday cards this winter.

I love that you are my little girl, my shining star. Its only been six months, but I can't imagine my life without you.














1 comment:

Jillibean said...

How much do I love thee? Let me count the ways :)