Friday, January 14, 2011

For Your Consideration

Readers, I need your help.

I took a long, hard look at Waiting For Bob the other day and realised it looks a little dated. I think its time I move forward a little and update the design. I toyed with a few different looks last night, but have yet to come up with the winning formula.

But here's the thing. As I sat trying to figure out how I wanted to present the blog, I wondered if the title doesn't fit anymore. Waiting For Bob. I mean, I'm not waiting anymore, am I? Is it time for a name change? How would you feel about that?

I actually went so far as to save the potential site address www.mummabumma.blogspot.com.

Now, don't panic. Nothing has been done yet. I don't want to fix it if it ain't broke, but I've lost perspective on the whole thing now, so I need your help. Should I change the blog name (this would also mean I would have to redirect you to a new site, of course. And perhaps a new year is the right time to make that leap?) and if so, what should I change it to? MummaBumma was just an idea, although I do kind of like the ring of it.

Please give me your thoughts, I can't make this decision without you.

9 comments:

Elle said...

Love the proposed new name, agree that the design needs updating. I think your loyal readers could follow you to MummaBumma without too much trouble. Waiting for Bob obviously doesn't apply anymore, unless you are re-considering the 'no more' decision? But can you keep all that you have written here if you move sites? This place is such an amazing record of vibrant family life and of love: I am sure the boys and Elly would value reading it when they are older! xx

Anonymous said...

Me too. Think MummaBumma a perfect name. Tee hee.
And this blog really needs to get printed.... How does one do that with a blog? Must be possible
Jillibean/Ma

Auntie Karen said...

Great name choice, I fully support you and your blogging! I'll follow your blog to hell and back again! Thanks for including us in your decision :-) p.s. You will survive the f*#$%*n fours and come out stronger for it!
Love you xox

Unknown said...

I agree with Jill there must be a way to publish the blog thus far even if you only make a few copies. It's inspirational stuff!!!
I'll move with you Mumma Bumma cos I can't wait for the teen years
love xxxx
Paddy

Blondefish said...

When I changed my blogname+web address all the old posts moved with me...as long as you just change the web address in the settings of your current blog.

AFG said...

Yay...you shall lead, we shall follow. Where else would we find out the real truth about what trials and tribulations of motherhood await us?!

Leafs said...

Yeppers! Mummabumma sounds GREAT!

Kat said...

Yes, change the name to mummabumma. lol - cute name. Sounds like blondefish knows how to keep the content together while changing the name. Good luck.

Shirl said...

I will follow you with pleasure!!