Thursday, December 23, 2010

Intrepid Explorer

Elly has become quite the adventurer lately. She's crawling full speed ahead and desperate to cruise around the couches, if only her legs would stop wobbling long enough to hold her up. For now she'll settle for kneeling and banging on things.

She yells down to the boys in the basement all the time, no doubt saying "Come play with me!"

How to keep a nine month old busy? Let her have at it with the winter hats and mitts basket! Best play ever!

"If I smile like this, do I still have to put it all away, ma?"

"Ooooh, this looks cosy!"

Staring out at the squirrels eating all the birdfood.
And just to keep us on our toes, the girlie has decided she loves nothing more than mastering the stairs. This is one determined little bean. If at first she doesn't succeed (ie, falls on her backside), she just chugs right on over to whatever she wants to conquer and keeps going until she does it. El freaks me out sometimes with her bravery/lack of awareness of consequences - she just charges up the stairs, not looking to see if she has a spotter or not. I don't remember the boys being this adventurous at this stage.
My girl isn't afraid of chores either. The dishwasher was open the other morning, waiting to be emptied and she launched herself right in there.

Pretty pleased with herself! Elly's face now lights up like this every time she sees the open dishwasher, whether its clean or dirty!
Don't forget this one, Gaga!

She made me nervous though...she's still pretty wobbly and has no idea how to get down safely once she gets on to something. Here's the video with my nervous clucking included.



And as an added bonus, here's Elliot being awfully cute as she eats her dinner. She was helping me blow on her food to cool it down. I yuv dose yips!

1 comment:

Brazenlilly said...

Oh my WORD and honor she is TOO CUTE! I want to eat her up.